Top Sirloin Steak marinated in a citrus, chipotle marinade, then grilled to perfection in just minutes.
Let’s get the epic fail out of the way first, shall we?
Pina Colada Cupcakes.
No Pina. No Colada. Just Disaster. In a cupcake. There, I said it. IK’s 2nd kitchen disaster of the year.
On to other news.
I sometimes wonder what summertime would be like without outdoor grilling. The thought’s so frightening, I just can’t let myself go there. Ya know?
Any time we can throw steaks, burgers, chicken, fish or veggies on the grill, I’m a happy girl. Which is why I’m loving bringing you this Chipotle Steak Salad recipe today. The Chipotle Steak is the star here and the super, simple salad somewhat of an afterthought. But, the steak is so flavorful and juicy, that you won’t even notice your simple salad has only 3 ingredients. That’s my kind of cooking on a hot summer day!
We’ve had record temperatures around here (90+) and it’s been glorious! But, I have to admit, after a few hours out in the hot sun, I’m scampering for the house to get my chill on in the air conditioning. 🙂
And, after last Saturday’s golf game – which completely wiped us out from the heat and high humidity, I didn’t want to take any chances spending hours in front of a hot grill.
= enter Chipotle Steak Salad. Done in 5-10 minutes. 🙂
Ok, off topic!
I wanted to share a few photos of our gorgeous weather. These are straight out of the camera.
This first shot is the view of our last two mornings. A full moon and a gorgeous deep blue sky. Click on the photo and look closely, you can the starburst of the moon’s rays. 🙂
Now on to this juicy, tender and flavorful Chipotle Steak Salad. Plan ahead and let this steak marinate for 6-8 hours before grilling and you’ll have the most tender and juicy steak with a slightly spicy, smoky taste paired with the citrus of orange and lime juice. It goes perfect with a simple salad.
I can’t think of many more things I love than a gorgeous pink sky, a perfectly done steak and a simple salad for summertime. Can you?
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 and ½ tablespoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- spinach leaves
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- red onion
- dressing of choice
- Pierce steak all over with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade together. Place steak in a baking dish and pour marinade over steaks. Marinate the steak for 6-8 hours in the refrigerator until ready to grill, turning every 2-3 hours.
- Turn grill on high heat. When hot, grill steak for 1 minute, then turn and grill on high heat for 1 more minute. Turn heat down to medium and let steak grill until desired doneness.*
Chipotle Marinade recipe from 50 Grilled Steaks, Food Network Magazine.