Light, fresh 3 Bean Salad packed with protein and a delightful crunch of celery, red peppers and onions. The perfect light salad for picnics and BBQs!
Summertime is prime time for salads and I’m so excited to finally get to share some of my favorite salads with you.
I knew just the salad I wanted to share first. And, when the bright sunshine made its appearance this weekend, it motivated me to break out the beans and whip up one of our summertime favorites.
When the weather heats up, there’s nothing I like better than to dial up the salad meter and bring on the fresh crispy crunch of a light salad.
This recipe is packed with protein! We like to keep it on hand as a healthy choice for a light meal or a mid-day snack, and it’s great for keeping on hand because it will store several days in the refrigerator and it just gets more flavorful as the flavors blend.
Look at all that crunchy, crispy, snappy goodness! Celery, red and green bell peppers, green onions and black pepper. Yum!
Can you taste it?
This recipe calls for garbanzo beans, kidney beans and black beans but its so versatile, you can switch it up and use a different variety of beans (navy beans, pinto beans, white beans, or ???).
I love how colorful and festive it is!
And, if you are short on time, you will especially love this salad because it’s super easy to throw together and it’s really portable – which makes it great for sharing at picnics!
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine green onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, celery, garbanzo beans, kidney beans and black beans in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour over bean mixture and stir to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Recipe modified from Cooking Light My Recipes @ Triple Bean Salad.
3 Bean Salad