This simple 4 Ingredient Graham Cracker Pie Crust is fast and easy to make – and is the perfect shell for your cheesecake or pie.
Friends, you will lovvvvve this easy 4 Ingredient Graham Cracker Pie Crust recipe. So fast, easy and perfect for hosting this holiday season.
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s never to early to get some quick, easy and simple recipes in your arsenal. You owe it to yourself to have this one at your disposal!
This pie crust is one of the best cheesecake pie crusts I’ve ever tasted. I know a lot of recipes call for a pre-made graham cracker crust – but why????? It’s sssooooo easy to make your own and so much better than store bought.
All it takes is slightly over one package of Honey Made Graham Crackers, crushed until really fine – melted butter, a bit of sugar and a touch of that all important ground cinnamon that’s bound to make an appearance every holiday season.
It takes literally less than 10 minutes to throw together.
3 ways to get the perfect crumble for your crust:
- place them in a zip-lock bag (press out as much air in the bag as you can), and roll repeatedly with a rolling pin until finely ground
- place them in a zip-lock bag and gently pound with a meat mallet, like this one (one of my favorite gift picks for the home cook!) – check it out in my Holiday Gift Guide post
- place crackers in food processor and pulse until desired texture
The six tablespoons of melted butter that you will add after your crackers are ground, is the perfect amount for making the graham crackers just moist enough to adhere together well. The result is a rich, butter-y and melt-in-your mouth crust that is crunchy and crumble-y all at the same time. 🙂
This crust was the perfect compliment for the Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake at our holiday table this year. Get ready… The Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is coming to the blog later this week!
Finally I want to leave you with some other ideas for filling this pie shell – I hope they inspire you to run to the kitchen and get cooking. 🙂
Recipe Ideas for this 4 Ingredient Graham Cracker Crust:
- strawberry pie
- key lime pie
- lemon pie
- chocolate pie
- peanut butter pie
- banana cream pie
- coconut cream pie
- 1 and ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, crushed and finely ground
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until well blended. Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
To get 1 and ½ cups of graham crackers, I had to use one package + a partial package.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes Graham Cracker Crust.