I keep a jar of 5 Alarm Hot Sauce in my refrigerator at all times. Just in case, I need to make this…
And, if there’s one recipe that goes great with this fiery, jalapeno-habanero hot sauce, it’s this salad that’s filled with juicy bites of BBQ chicken, the tart bite of peppercinis, the satisfying crunch of crispy red onions, the plump, juicy, red tomatoes, and the rich taste of black olives and smooth Mozzarella cheese.
Oh…And don’t forget bacon! LOTS and lots of bacon.
You get the satisfaction of having the taste of hot chicken wings (only boneless!) and a low-fat, healthy salad, all at the same time. You can skip your standard fat-filled salad dressings, you won’t need it!
There are no exact measurements in this recipe, because it all depends on how much salad you want to eat.
For two servings, we used 2 chicken breasts and 6 slices of bacon. The rest of the ingredients were sprinkled on top, but definitely contained a bit of everything to satisfy every bite! Just the way we like it!
Pour the sauce all over the salad or serve it on the side.
Your salad, your way. Could any salad be more perfect?
- 2 chicken breasts (1 to 1 and ¼ pound)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- seasoning salt, to taste (optional)
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- iceberg lettuce, torn in bite-sized pieces
- black olives, sliced
- peppercinis, sliced
- roma tomatoes, chopped
- red onions, chopped
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Cook bacon (in oven or microwave) until done. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and seasoning salt. Place chicken breast on grill and sear for 1 minute. Turn. Heat opposite side for 1 additional minute. Turn grill down to medium heat, leaving chicken on the 2nd side. Grill chicken until done (see notes).
- Remove chicken from grill and let sit 1-2 minutes. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange iceberg lettuce on a serving plate and layer with red onions, peppercinis, black olives and tomatoes. Top with chopped chicken, crumbled bacon and shredded mozarella cheese.
- Serve with 5 Alarm Sauce.
Recipe adapted from The Wingdome, Triple Garlic Chop-Chop Salad.
5 Alarm BBQ Chicken Chop Chop Salad