This Apple Walnut Cheesecake is creamy, rich and delicious, topped with a Cinnamon & Sugar Apple Walnut topping that gives it great flavor and crunch!
What is your favorite cheesecake flavor?
This is a long-time fan and family favorite. Notice I mention fan before family, yes?
Well that, right there, just proves it’s a favorite. I mean, your family can’t really say they don’t like something you’ve baked, right? Because if they did say that, you might (perhaps) slip a little sumthin’-sumthin’ in it, that they don’t like, the next time.
Like cucumbers, okra or red pepper flakes. You know what I’m sayin’? We cooks can hide that stuff.
“Mmmmmm good…” they say, moaning ~ yet, you can see the slight question of fear in their eye.
Nope. Family stays loyal, no matter how bad it is. Ya gotta love family.
Buttttt…, you can’t always trust them. Haha! JK. 🙂
Ok, let’s get real. This cheesecake. “Mmmmmm good…” For real.
This is one of the most requested recipes I get from friends. They love it.
IMO, the key to making this recipe is that you need to have tart (pucker up like your grandmother) Granny Smith apples.
This is important.
Why? Well, because… tart apples when mixed with rich, creamy, indulgent Cream Cheese Cheesecake with their tart Granny Smith apple selves, dripping with a crisp, sweet, cinnamon/sugar and walnut topping… seriously = to die for.
You will love this Apple Cheesecake with Cinnamon, Sugar & Walnut Topping!
p.s. When I chop the walnuts for the crust, I use a food processor so that they’re very fine. For the top, however, I hand-break them apart so I have larger pieces for a prettier topping and better crunch.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts **
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup real butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups apple slices, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- ½ cup sugar*
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts **
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix graham crackers, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter together and press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing at low speed after each addition until well blended. Pour over crust.
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon until well-coated. Spoon apple mixture over filling and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of plan to loosen cheesecake. Cool before removing cake from pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
** typically I make this with pecans, not walnuts, so feel free to substitute pecans - they are rich and fabulous in this!