These Baked Jamaican Jerk Dry Rub Chicken Wings are the perfect lazy afternoon appetizer. Fast and easy to make, they bake up nice and crispy in <1 hour.
Baked Chicken Wings, love ’em or hate ’em? Me?… I love wings of all kinds, so I’m up for frying, grilling OR baking. The good news about having flexible cooking methods is – you can have wings all year ’round!
But, before you go to the expense of trying that statement though – let me test it, and report back, first! 🙂
What I love about these Baked Jamaican Jerk Dry Rub Chicken Wings is that they are easy and low maintenance. Once they’re seasoned, you throw them in the oven, turning them half way through their cooking time, and it’s time to put dinner on the table in 45 minutes to 1 hour.
What you’ll love about them is, they are crispy and crunchy on the outside, but super moist on the inside! They taste like a fried wing with their crispy texture, but are healthier since they aren’t submerged and cooked in hot oil.
Because this calls for a Jamaican Dry Rub spice, it does have some heat to it. If you don’t like the heat, and are using my homemade Jamaican Jerk Seasoning recipe, dial back on the amount of cayenne pepper and jalapeno you use.
Or, alternatively, you can temper the heat with the lime yogurt sauce recipe below!
Whether you choose to make your own Jamaican Jerk seasoning, or buy store-bought, these Chicken Wings are moist, crispy, crunchy, fast, and easy whether you make them as an appetizer or a full meal.
- 1 pound chicken wings
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container Greek non-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Make Jamaican Jerk seasoning and add 2 teaspoons baking powder, placing all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Rinse wings and pat dry. Place wings in spice mixture and thoroughly coat all sides.
- Place rack inside a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Place wings on rack and bake in oven, turning half way through, for 45-50 minutes or until done throughout. Remove and serve with yogurt sauce on the side, while wings are still hot.
Source: Inspiration Kitchen
Here are some other Hot Wing recipes you might enjoy:
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings with Homemade Buffalo Sauce by Pinch & Swirl
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Wings by Recipe Girl
- Thai Peanut Chicken Wings by Half Baked Harvest
- Sweet Korean Chicken Wings by Macheesmo
- Creole Seasoned Dry Rub Chicken Wings by Inspiration Kitchen
Baked Jamaican Jerk Dry Rub Chicken Wings