Juicy blueberries paired with zucchini are the highlight of this moist, light and decadent Blueberry Zucchini Bread.
I’m recruiting for one healthy eater. Read not health-conscious. Healthy as in eats a lot. 🙂
This person must love food. Can eat a lot. Be willing to try [almost] anything (even IK’s disasters like this Sorghum Popcorn and the Fortune Cookie Lips). AND, love to wash dishes – both yours and mine.
OH…and you must, must, must compliment me profusely.
The application is in the comment section. 😉
Yes, The Husband’s crazy work schedule is messin’ with my cooking again, and me don’t like that.
Take this absolutely amazing Blueberry Zucchini Bread. Just look at these blueberries!
Me: “Are you eating the Blueberry Zucchini Bread?”
The Husband: “I haven’t had time and I have no place to keep it when I’m on site.”
Whaaaaaaaaaat? I could think of a few places, but I didn’t say anything.
See? I’m getting better. This holding your tongue thing is not half bad. 🙂
So, I’ll just have to tell you about it by myself. It’s seriously fantastic. Like uber good. Moist, filled with juicy, plump, poppable blueberries all wrapped up in a moist, decadent zucchini bread. Not too sweet – but perfect food music together. Hear the harps? Music.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup canola oi
- ½ cup applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries *(see note)*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- Mix all spices together and sprinkle ½ of the mixture into each greased loaf pan. Coat bottom and sides of pan with spices.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugars. Fold in the zucchini. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
*To prevent the blueberries from sinking, rinse blueberries, then toss with 1 tablespoon of flour before adding to the zucchini batter.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Recipe modified from All Recipes @ Blueberry Zucchini Bread.
p.s. there really is no job, and if there ever were, the pay would be
terrible non-existant! 🙂