I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.
I wanted to share what we had for dessert yesterday. You all know that I’m a huge fan of anything Cheesecake!
So, you can imagine that when I saw these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, I was sssooo on it.
Yet, even as much as I love Cheesecake, I knew I couldn’t eat an entire 13×9″ pan all by myself, so I halved the recipe because I was not going without this Cheesecake!
And, I’m calling all sweet lovers – you are going to loveee this recipe.
Rich, creamy, caramel-y, struesel-y, cheesecake-y (yes, those are words).
To show my thanks and gratitude this Thanksgiving, it occurred to me to spend the entire day dedicated to serving other people. It filled my heart with joy to do that.
I made pillowcases for Project Pillowcase, knitted a Beanie Baby Hat to donate, and wrote a helpful tutorial for you all to share next week.
I am so entirely grateful for everything in my life, and I wish the same blessings for all of you.
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup (1 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Streusel topping, recipe follows
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and pecans. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 8 by 8 by 2-inch deep baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with ¼ cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Recipe adapted from Food Network @ Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars