This Cherry Tomato Tapenade is the perfect, light, summertime appetizer. It has the fantastic salty, garlicy taste of kalamata olives and capers that you can’t get enough of.
Summertime appetizers are one of my very favorite things to enjoy in this hot weather.
Thank goodness my garden never disapoints! We always have an abundance of cherry tomatoes that make their debut, and I’m happy to use them in any way I can.
In this recipe, I used a combination of cherry tomatoes and Sun Gold tomatoes, because the Sun Gold tomatoes were the first to ripen. All I know is, there are a LOT of green tomatoes on my plants, so get ready for a lot of different recipes in which we can use these babies. 🙂
If you’ve not had Sun Gold tomatoes before, they are plump, firm and more orange in color than a typical cherry tomato. But, what you will love about them, is that they are so sweet and flavorful!
Their sweetness, combined with the salty brine of kalamata olives and capers gives this Tapenade great flavor. Served with ultra-thin crackers like you see in the picture, really lets the Cherry Tomato Tapenade shine through.
Truth told, this was so good, about 4 crackers in, I decided to forgo the crackers all together, and I grabbed a spoon and just dug in. It is that good!
So, if you’re looking for a garlicy, salty, fantastic summertime appetizer – make this! You will love it!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Add tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic and basil to a medium-side bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and gently stir until just mixed. Serve.
Here are some other Cherry Tomato recipes you might enjoy:
- Rustic Tomato & Zucchini Tart by Recipe Girl
- Cherry Tomatoes with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing by Inspiration Kitchen
- Roasted Tomatoes with Goat Cheese Polenta by Pinch Of Yum
- Sauteed Corn with Tomatoes Feta and Basil by Spoonful Of Flavor
Source: Inspiration Kitchen