Spicy, delicious, juicy Creole Seasoned Dry Rub Chicken Wings perfect for sharing! Great for a party or when you’re craving wings!
And, as much as I’d love to have it again (and dare I say, try to re-create it?) our hot weather doesn’t really motivate me to spend hours in the kitchen re-creating that rich, hearty and comforting dish.
No, I think that’s better left for the colder months. In summer, I prefer to keep things relatively light.
But, go with me on this. 🙂
Wings are appetizers. Meant to be eaten in moderation. Accompanied with other light and fresh veggies, like celery and carrot sticks. Lots of those!
A bit of dipping sauce and a few wings, and you’ll find yourself completely full and satisfied.
These wings are first baked, keeping them moist and juicy on the inside; then flash-fried for that extra crispy skin we love so much. With a vinegar splash and a double dose of the Cajun Creole seasoning, they’re a light appetizer you won’t want to miss!
- 3 pounds chicken wings (24 pieces)
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 heaping tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- ½ cup Canola mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat deep fryer and set aside.
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag, add vinegar and seal. Shake to coat.
- Remove chicken and place in a new ziploc bag. Add Creole seasoning and shake until all sides are thoroughly coated.
- Evenly place seasoned chicken on a parchment lined cookie sheet; ensuring the pieces do not overlap. Sprinkle with more Creole in places where seasoning did not stick.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until nearly done.
- Remove from oven and carefully place in the basket of a deep fryer. Fry for 2-3 minutes until wings are crisp. Lift basket and let wings drain. Move wings to a paper towel covered dish.
- Combine dry ranch salad dressing mix with mayonnaise and yogurt. Divide into two ½ cup portions and add 1 tablespoon creole seasoning to one portion.
- Serve dressing(s) on the side with hot wings, and carrot and celery sticks.
Creole Seasoned Dry Rub Chicken Wings
Post updated 12/31/2014 with new pictures and content.