These Easter Marshmallow Krispy Treats are the ultimate flavor explosion with krispy Fruity Pebbles, mixed with melted marshmallows and topped with spring colored milk chocolate chips.
Easter is almost here! I’m sssssooooo excited. Are you? How about some super sugary sweets?
You know, for a sugar high to help keep your energy up while the kids are scattering about during the frantic Easter Egg Hunt? 🙂
If you’re not quite ready for this crazy sweet flavor explosion, try some of these adult-version coffee-infused Baked Coffee Glazed Donuts with Coffee Candied Pecans for your daily energy buzz.
But ooooo, if you do love sugary sweets, I have just the treat for you.
These krispy treats aren’t your normal issue Rice Krispy Treats. Oh no… And, although I will admit the original Rice Krispy Treats are really tasty, these Krispy Treats are a sugar-explosion bomb for your tastebuds! The secret? Delicious fruit-flavored Fruity Pebbles as the base. Then, they’re mixed with melted butter and large marshmallows and topped with spring-colored milk chocolate chips.
Easter screams life, celebration and c–o–l–o–r! And, you know how much I love life and color!
Even all the cute little animals come out on Easter.
Hello bunnies! Hey, you cute yellow chicks! Welcome to our Sunday Easter party!
- The Nestle Toll House Springtime morsels are seasonal so you likely won’t find them all months of the year. The mixed package colors are pink, yellow, and chocolate colored morsels. To get the colors that I did, you have to separate them. Yes, I know. 🙂 Tedious.
- The green colored morsels are from the Nestle Toll House Winter morsels, which is a combination of dark chocolate and mint flavored morsels. Are you ready for it? To get the colors that I did, you have to separate them. Yes, I know. 🙂 You’ve got it.
What this means is, that you are going to have a combination of semi-sweet chocolate chips (from the Springtime mix) and dark chocolate chips (from the Winter mix) left over. Ooooopsie…I guess that means you’ll just need to make another recipe!
How about taking your next batch of flavor-explosion krispy treats over the top using Cocoa Krispies or Cocoa Pebbles and topping them with your chocolate-chip mix? 🙂 Sounds like chocolatey-heaven to me!
- 5 tablespoons real butter, unsalted
- 1 (16-ounce) package large marshmallows
- 1 (11-ounce) box Fruity Pebbles, approx. 6 cups
- ½ teaspoon salt
- *optional* assorted spring colored milk chocolate chips (see note)
- Prepare a 10.5"x7.5" baking pan by lining with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until soft and smooth. Add salt and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add Fruity Pebbles and stir until well coated throughout.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and let sit until cool*.
- *OPTIONAL*, top with spring colored milk chocolate chips if desired. Place in 325 to 350 degree oven and melt just slightly (do not overcook or chips will turn brown!)