These Easy Banana Muffins are super fast to make, and come out moist, flavorful and fluffy. They’re perfect to enjoy with your morning coffee or tea!
I’m back from vacation, and although a bit behind in my posting schedule (oops!), I’m definitely full of energy and ready to get back to bringing you great recipes. 🙂
What you’ll love about them is, from start to finish, they take less than 30 minutes to make.
I love a recipe that’s ready to serve and eat in minutes, don’t you? And even better…to have a moist, warm muffin to enjoy with your morning coffee!
Thank goodness I was at my families house, otherwise someone might think it was odd that I was going through all the kitchen cupboards to see what baking supplies I had. 🙂
The funny story about these muffins is…before baking, I took every.single.ingredient out from where I’d found it in the various cupboards and placed them on the counter to make sure that I had everything I needed.
Except ONE. Sugar.
Which I was absolutely sure would be in the canister on the counter. So, I didn’t even look. Ugh. You can see where this is going, right?
Yep, you’re right….
Not a single grain of white sugar anywhere. And, trust me, I looked. I rummaged everywhere.
That’s where the big substitution came in… brown sugar. And, the good news is…it worked perfectly!
The muffins baked up beautifully, had rich flavor and were moist and fluffy. I even think the brown sugar added a nice caramelized flavor to them, and I’d definitely try it again.
The moral of the story? Sometimes substitutions aren’t so bad and bring great flavor to a recipe! 🙂
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together banana, sugar, sour cream, egg and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients until combined.Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving.