This easy, simple and healthy Buffalo Shrimp Appetizer is sauteed with Blue Cheese Greek Yogurt & Buffalo Wing Sauce, then served on crisp celery sticks for the ultimate low-fat, high protein, and healthy treat!
“”The Husband is gone, and I’m gonna be in trouble (hey-la, hey-la, The Husband is gone!).””
Friends, you know what that means, don’t you?
EXPERIMENT NIGHT! 🙂
So let’s make it easy, simple, healthy, delicious ~ and (drumroll please) ready in minutes! That way we have more time for alone time, which = complete peace and quiet.
Can you hear the Angels singing?
No worries you’ll hear “Honey…where’s the salt?” Despite the fact the salt hasn’t moved in 13 years.
I don’t know about you…but with the summer heat (95 degrees!), my appetite hits an all-time low. And with The Husband working late ~ this easy appetizer was perfect for that. Just enough to satisfy the need to eat ~ yet, it had enough protein, crispy veggies and complex flavor to be perfectly filling. And, it was less than 10 minutes to the table, which means more ALONE TIME!
Honestly, this was so tasty, I couldn’t wait for The Husband to get home and share it. Where is he?
This is a perfect appetizer for two!
- 12 to 14 raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon wing sauce**
- 1 tablespoon Blue Cheese Greek Yogurt*
- 10 to 12 celery sticks, cut into 3" slices
- Add oil to a small saute pan and heat on Medium-High until hot. Add wing sauce and Blue Cheese Greek Yogurt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add shrimp and saute 2-4 minutes per side until shrimp are opaque and done throughout.
- Remove shrimp, place on cutting board and finely chop. Place shrimp back in saute pan, toss with sauce until thoroughly coated, then transfer to a bowl and serve with celery sticks.
**Choose your favorite bottled wing sauce. We used Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' Sauce. CAUTION: the Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' flavor is the hottest flavor they have, so only use this if you can handle the heat!