These Flax Seed Cracker Crusted Baked Shrimp are crispy, crunchy, and gluten-free. They’re easy to make and are a perfectly healthy baked Happy Hour appetizer!
Do you think you can find love in a cracker? I do. In fact, I’m sure of it.
And, because of this undying love, I’m dubbing this week Happy Cracker Hour. Who’s with me?
You guys know how much I love appetizers. Happy snackable, crackable appetizers? Even better. Because I do love me some crunch!
So, for Happy Cracker Hour, I decided to take these buttery, nutty, flax seed crackers and toss them with one of my favorite things eveh – my beloved shrimpies. You knew where this was going, right? After the 25 shrimp recipes I’ve already given you on this blog? 🙂
Yep – tada! Another shrimp recipe that is crunchy, crispy, and dare I say healthy and gluten free! Baked shrimp with a crunchy, nutty coating that comes from a package of Breton Gluten-Free Original with Flax Crackers.
I’m telling you – I am in love with these crackers. Which is why I know you can find love in a cracker. 🙂
Now let me tell you how we got here… The intent was, to open the box, then the sealed, stay-fresh bag and have one, single cracker to help me describe the flavor to you guys. Yet, the next thing I knew, I was like the
Cookie Cracker Monster, and was covered in tiny crumbs and the entire package was long gone.
I’d eaten the entire box. <gulp> On to Box #2.
Yet, it occurred to me as my hand was buried deeply into the box, that I’m an equal opportunity cracker lover. I like them straight from the box, slathered with spreadable cheese, stacked with meats and cheeses, or dipped in dips. 6 boxes of these babies might not be enough!
Crackers go so much beyond being snackables! They can be used as the base for a savory cheesecake, the topping for a souffle or casserole, or used as breading for fish, poultry or pork. Put simply, crackers are versatile, and can be used for nearly every occasion.
What we loved about using these Breton Gluten-Free Original with Flax Crackers as breading, is that they bring an amazing buttery, nutty, rich flavor – unlike traditional breadings that are typically used.
These crackers are made with arrowroot flour, green lentil flour, coconut oil, rice bran, flax seed and sweetened with sugar. They’re truly an enjoyable, snackable cracker that will sneak up on you and you’ll soon realize that you’ve just devoured the whole box. Or maybe that’s just at my house! 🙂
Before you take that first amazing bite though, be sure to smell them. They have an amazing nutty aroma that will make you swoon. They’re seriously good eats. I think I might’ve buried my head in the bag when I was crushing them for this recipe. Just sayin’.
If you’ve never tried them before, the Breton Gluten-Free Original With Flax Crackers are gluten free with a tender-crisp texture and wholesome taste of the original Breton. The arrowroot flour and green lentil flour make them so tasty and snackable, you’ll find it hard to believe they’re gluten-free!
I hope you love them and find them as addictive as we did!
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 1 (4.76 ounce) box of Breton Gluten-Free Original with Flax Crackers (roughly 1 and ½ cups) (please see note!)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10-12 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by placing parchment paper in the bottom of it. Set aside.
- Rinse shrimp, drain and pat dry. Thread 3 to 4 shrimp onto each wooden skewer. Set aside.
- Crush 1 box of Breton Gluten-Free Original with Flax Crackers. The result will be approximately 1 and ½ cups of crushed crackers. Season with garlic powder, salt and black pepper and mix well. Pour into a dredging bowl/plate.
- In another dredging bowl/plate, thoroughly mix egg whites with melted butter.
- Put each skewer in the egg white/melted butter mixture and cover on both sides. Then, for each skewer, coat them in the cracker mixture until thoroughly coated. Place each skewer on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn each skewer over and place back in oven to bake another 10 minutes on the opposite side.
- When done, remove from oven and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Flax Seed Cracker Crusted Baked Shrimp
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.