These Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Muffins are easy to make and filled with 2 cups of fresh, plump blueberries with just a touch of lemon zest.
Are you ready for a flavor explosion? How about a kapow! blueberry, lemon filled one?
Not only do they have a full two cups of tender, plump, and juicy blueberries in them (making them almost all berry), but they have that tangy zest of tart lemons to give them that extra special zing.
See? Flavor explosion in an incredible way.
While in Juneau, we stayed two nights at the Capital Inn Bed & Breakfast. And each morning, we’d wake to an incredible breakfast of King Crab Eggs Benedict and an assortment of homemade muffins.
After getting our fill of fresh crab straight out of the bowl, our hands would be grabbing for the incredibly flavorful assortment of freshly made berry muffins. They were heavenly.
And, these are too. 🙂 Check out these incredible berries! You get this in every single bite.
The muffins I tried in Juneau were a tart rhubarb muffin (which were divine) and although I haven’t attempted a rhubarb version for myself yet, these Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Muffins are just as flavorful, with just a bit of tart tang from the lemon juice and lemon zest.
What you’ll love about them is, that they are so easy to make and they plump up big and golden, and are so moist and juicy inside.
I can tell you, they didn’t last long around here. Poor little things. 🙂
I guess I just have to make more. Want to join me?
By the way, when you go to whip up a batch of these muffins, they will generously fill a 12-cup muffin tin. In fact, I wasn’t sure if they were going to make a baker’s dozen of 13, or whether I could squeeze them into one tin. But fearlessly, I did it!
I was able to fill the cups nearly full and the muffins baked up beautifully without flowing over.
They’re good muffins like that. 🙂
Tell me readers, what is your favorite kind of breakfast muffin?
- 1 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup fat free milk + ⅛ cup fat free milk
- ½ cup ricotta
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in lemon peel.
- In a small bowl, beat lemon juice, egg, milk, ricotta, butter and vanilla until smooth. Slowly mix wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffins cups and bake 20-25 minutes or until done throughout.