Today I’m sharing one of my all-time favorite weekday meals.
Fresh, fast, easy and delicious. What could possibly be more perfect for a weekday?
There are many things I love about this dish other than just its flavor profile.
- Most importantly, I get to use my ultra heavy-duty, dangerous and extremely intimidating chicken whacker
- I nearly always have all the ingredients on hand
- It’s fridge to table in <30 minutes, and
- It gives me the perfect excuse to indulge in my favorite take on Old Spaghetti Factory‘s Mizithra Cheese & Browned Butter Pasta – yum!
Uh oh. Oh geez..
I see that, in doing research for this post, OSF now has a recipe for Garlic Mizithra. Ugh. You know what that means, don’t you?
That means I’m back in the kitchen to try this new twist of one of their classic entrees. Now, why didn’t I think of that? Their site says this one is tossed with garlic, bacon and topped with sautéed mushrooms.
Can I just say…”Mmmmmmm…bacon.” Everything’s better with bacon.
I think I’ll take a little trip today to Old Spaghetti Factory and check out the competition. Are you with me?
- Spaghetti noodles (optional)
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Prepare Spaghetti per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Pound each chicken breast to ½” thickness using a mallet. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish and coat each side of the chicken in flour. Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from pan, keeping warm either in a heated oven or covered with tin foil.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, capers and garlic to the pan and scrape the pan loosening the browned bits. Cook on medium-low for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add chicken back to pan, and spoon sauce over the top until chicken is warm and done completely through.
- Serve chicken over pasta, top with sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Slightly modified from Cooking Light.