Are you ready for some major YUM? Because, these One Skillet Whiskey Flavored Pork Chops is comfort food at it’s very finest.
If you love Pork Chops and rich, creamy mushroom sauce, you’re going to love this recipe.
A sour cream and whiskey based mushroom sauce makes this rich, creamy, and decadent. When poured over perfectly baked and golden brown Pork Chops? All goodness comes together on one plate. It’s a lovely alternative to the Instant Pot Pork Chops we all know and love so much.
And, the best part is?
It’s all done in one simple skillet. Yea for one skillet cooking!
This recipe is quick and easy to prep (perfect for a busy weeknight meal). It takes about 10-15 minutes to put it all together, then you put it in the oven for an hour and forget it, while you be chillin’ with the kids or enjoying a nice glass of wine.
See those three gorgeous, golden mushrooms on top? To make a beautiful presentation, set aside and reserve a few mushrooms to saute in a bit of butter, place them on top of your finished Pork Chop and sprinkle them with coarse salt. The salt will glitter like diamonds on top!
You will love these One Skillet Whiskey Flavored Pork Chops!
- ⅔ cup fat-free sour cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, quartered
- ½ cup whiskey
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle pork with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; sauté 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove pork from pan and set aside on a plate. Add chopped onion and pre-sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. VERY carefully add the whiskey to the pan; cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir sour cream mixture into the pan. Return the pork to the pan and spoon sauce over the pork.
- Wrap the handle of your skillet with foil. Cover and bake at 300° F for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from January 2001 issue of Cooking Light at myrecipes @ One Pan Whiskey-Flavored Pork Chops
One Skillet Whiskey Flavored Pork Chops