These Oven Baked Garlic Potato Wedges are simple to make, and bake up crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and are loaded with garlic and spices!
I really should go to the grocery store hungry more often.
Most of the time when I do my shopping, I stay diligent and focused on only buying what’s on my grocery list. Given that the things that are on the list are often things that I’ve run out of instead of something new and exciting to try, I rarely have fun things to experiment with. Everything on my menu is typically planned down to the nth degree. How uninspiring! It certainly leaves me with little room for experimentation and creativity.
But yesterday, that all changed. I went to the store hungry. Really hungry. And, I have to tell you…it was a much better shopping experience!
Now…I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do with all the different flavors of Hershey’s Kisses I bought (in nearly every holiday flavor), or the mondo sized, gigantic bag of Oreos or the boxes and boxes of cream cheese – but I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a lot of holiday cooking going on!
What it also means is – because I had so many great things in my cart today – it meant I got to try a lot of new recipes this weekend.
Like this one. Oven Baked Garlic Potato Wedges. Why I haven’t made these before, I have no idea – because they were delicious!
Served with a sour cream ranch dipping sauce, these were the perfect accompaniment to the BBQ Baby Back Ribs recipe I’ll be sharing with you in a later post.
I think both of these recipes are going to be making an appearance a lot more often around here.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Russet potatoes, washed, skin-on, cut into wedges
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix thyme, tarragon, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Parmesan and set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half, then in thirds into evenly sized wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet and brush all sides with olive oil. Generously sprinkle with salt & pepper. Coat evenly with all other spices.
- Bake in oven 20-30 minutes until desired done-ness.