Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
I’d planned to make you a Green Tomato & Cranberry Cobbler dessert today that you could share at your holiday table. It’s colorful, festive, and something different. Unusual. But, still absolutely spot-on delicious. But…my store didn’t have the ingredients so I had to come up with a back-up plan. Apparently green tomatoes aren’t “popular” any more, so you have to special order them. Who has time to think and pre-plan for that? Not me! I don’t know about you, but the holidays can be hectic enough without having to worry about pre-ordering ingredients.
However, I am happy to say…I found something I’ve been looking for, for a long, long time!
Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses. What’s not to love?
Seriously, I was so excited, I wanted to do a happy dance right there in the store. Don’t laugh! I’d seen recipes floating through Pinterest, and all I could think is – where are people getting those? I want some! So, you can imagine how excited I was to see them in my very own store.
This recipe called for a pre-made graham cracker crust, which you could certainly use. But, here at CJ, we kind of like to do our own thing – so I’ve included a homemade crust that I think paired beautifully and is a perfect accompaniment to this creamy treat.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) real butter, unsalted, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 38 - 40 Pumpkin Spice Hersheys kisses, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust, mix crumbs, pecans, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes in pre-heated oven, then remove it to cool.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a mixer on medium-low speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, until mixed in thoroughly.
- Divide batter, and set aside ¼ of the mixed batter. Spread the remaining ¾ batter into the graham cracker crust.
- Place the candies in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute. Stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until candies are melted and smooth when stirred.
- Blend reserved cheesecake batter into the melted candy mixture and mix well.
- Slowly blend the milk into the candy mixture.
- Drop candy mixture by heaping teaspoons onto vanilla batter in the springform pan.
- Gently swirl mixture around with a knife to achieve desired marble effect.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven to wire rack, and cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.