These Sheet Pan Fajitas are healthy, light and flavorful and are topped with a slightly spicy lime and sour cream sauce that brings it all together.
Making dinner for me is a huge stress reliever, something I seem to need more and more of. So the rhythmic chopping of all the vegetables in this recipe were the perfect stress reliever on a Friday after a busy week.
Cooking is my therapy!
In this recipe I used flank steak, and although it’s not my favorite cut of meat, it worked. The trick in keeping flank steak tender, is in how you cut it. TheKitchn has a great article on how to slice meat against the grain. Also, tweaking the seasonings to your preference makes a big difference in how spicy or flavorful this dish is. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
All-up, these Sheet Pan Fajitas will take 35-45 minutes to make. But, IF your grocery store carries peppers that are pre-cut, you will save 15 minutes off prep time. w00t!
My little hometown grocery store apparently thinks I should cut those veggies myself. 🙂 That counts as an exercise program, right?
Who’s with me that 15 minutes of chopping veggies equates to 15 minutes of arm lifts? Ok, maybe not. 🙂
You’ll love these Sheet Pan Fajitas because they are easy to make, they cook on one pan, and they’re healthy – and you can’t beat the flavor! They are so good – please try them!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 jalapenos, optional
- 1 onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne*
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed and sliced on bias
- 6-8 tortillas
- Add seasonings to a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry peppers. Slice all bell peppers and jalapenos into thin strips, discarding seeds. Place in large bowl. Slice onion in half, then in thin strips and add to bowl with the peppers. Pour one half of the seasoning mixture over vegetables until coated.
- Preheat oven to broil. Place sheet pan in oven while oven is preheating. Remove sheet pan, spray with cooking oil. Put peppers and onions on sheet pan and broil 8 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, add sauce ingredients to a small bowl and mix well, then set aside.
- Slice flank steak into thin strips, cutting across the grain. Pour remaining seasoning mix over steak, coating all sides.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, push vegetables to the side, add meat to the center and place back under broiler for 4 minutes. Turn meat and cook 2-4 additional minutes until desired doneness. Remove from oven.
- Crisp tortillas on each side over gas grill on high heat until edges are slightly browned. Remove from heat. Serve while hot.
Source: Inspiration Kitchen
Here are a few more sheet pan recipes you may enjoy:
- Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast by Fed and Fit
- Honey Garlic Sheet Pan Shrimp by Kleinworth & Co.
- One Pan Miso Glazed Salmon by Platings & Pairings
- Salmon & Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner by Rachel Cooks
Sheet Pan Fajitas
Source: Inspiration Kitchen
Recipe modified from Cooking Light.