You will love the amazing flavor of these Smoked Almond Chicken Salad Bites – they’ll easily become your favorite party food!
I love spending early mornings with a cup of hot coffee while reading my favorite food blogs.
If you want some great recipe ideas to make Christmas extra special, check out my blogroll and visit some of my blogging friends! They are seriously talented people.
If you remember, at the beginning of this month, I promised you appetizer recipes, because the holidays are for entertaining! So, for this Christmas Eve, I thought I’d share one of my all-time favorite appetizer recipes that’s always a big hit!
The first I made this, I was in heaven! And, after adapting this recipe over the years, here’s my favorite combination of flavors.
The addition of a bit of tarragon, and rolling them in smoked almonds was one of the best things I could’ve done to take this recipe over the top. It really makes this savory, classic chicken salad appetizer even better.
What’s so great about them (other than the fact they taste amazing!) is that they are grab-able, pop-able and sssooo savory! Perfect for a party!
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt (see note)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup minced green onions
- 1 cup finely chopped smoked almonds
- Mix chicken, cheese and mayonnaise together in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt (see note), pepper, celery seed and tarragon.
- Fold in celery and green onions.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure into equally sized balls and roll in finely chopped smoked almonds.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Adapted from All Recipes, Crunchy Chicken Balls (recipe no longer exists there! I had it printed out from years ago). If you know the originator – let me know so I can credit!
Smoked Almond Chicken Salad Bites