This Cajun Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers & Shallots is creamy, rich and decadent. Perfect to serve with crackers or crunchy toasted garlic toasts.
Smoked Salmon Dip is one my favorite dips to serve during the holiday season.
And us foodies, we like to feed people, right? There’s nothing better than watching friends dig in with flourish!
With this dip – it’s likely to be one of the first things gone from your appetizer table.
What we loved about this Cajun Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers & Shallots is that there were big chunks of salmon, so you get smoky salmon in every single bite. The saltiness of the capers, and the crunch of the shallots ~ paired with the spicy kick of Cajun seasoning and a bit of Frank’s Red Hot ~ so yummy! Creamy deliciousness on a perfect bite-sized cracker makes this a great appetizer for the holiday season!
In this recipe, you can use traditional smoked salmon, or take it over the top with a Cajun flavored Smoked Salmon.
The Cajun flavors make this dip really pop and the flavors explode in your mouth ~ making this rich, creamy, smoky salmon dip even better with its spicy Cajun bite.
If you can’t find Cajun Smoked Salmon, you can always add your own Cajun spice.
We like to serve this with Rosemary Flatbread Crackers, but it’s also delicious on warm bread or crunchy toasted garlic toasts!
- 8 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt* (optional, please see note)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 4 ounces Cajun smoked salmon, shredded
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, horseradish and hot sauce together until smooth. Add dill weed, salt and black pepper.
- Gently fold in capers, shallots and Cajun smoked salmon.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with soft bread or multi-grain crackers
Cajun Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers & Shallots