Have you heard of vacation brain?
I blame it on a relaxing and much needed vacation. But I woke up today rejuv’ed and ready to write! 🙂
And, I’m bringing with me one of the easiest, quickest, fastest appetizers ever. Only 5 ingredients!!!
I’ve mentioned before how much I lllooovvveee experiment nights. All my creative culinary juices get going and I never quite know what’s going to come out of the kitchen. But typically, it’s very, very tasty. 🙂
And you know how much I love apps! A serving for two is perfect for sharing. You can make (or order!) lots of the things on the menu and try many new and exciting things!
This recipe combines dark beer with your favorite barbeque sauce with jalapenos and garlic (and shrimp!!!) to create a rich, buttery sauce with a spicy BBQ flavor. When served with slices of soft chewy bread for dipping – it is the perfect appetizer for 2. It really is fabulous and gives a great belly heat when using a spicy BBQ sauce. Don’t like spice? That’s OK too! It tastes fabulous with a sweet BBQ sauce also!
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce (recommend hot & spicy)
- ¼ cup dark beer (I used Alaskan Amber)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, finely chopped, seeds, but whites removed
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Mix the first four ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Add shrimp and allow to marinate 30 minutes.
- Saute on medium-high until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. (*Be sure to bring sauce to a rolling boil before serving.)
- Place in a serving dish and serve with sliced, soft, chewy bread for dipping!