A Spicy Marinara Sauce that is rich, savory and SPICY – just the way you’ll like it. And…, it’s simple to make with your bad-boy food processor!
Honestly, you guys are the best readers on the planet. No lie.
Look at my comments on other posts. Now, look at you. Those comments are because of you.
I was completely feeling sorry for myself because I had noone to cook for and I was SSSOOO worried you all would leave me while I didn’t post for 3 weeks. Only to find out that, you all missed me.
Here. Have some Spicy Marinara Sauce. Now, you know I love you. I’m sharing something I love.
- About 5 hours after hitting publish on Monday’s Sausage and Peppers Burgers post, I realized I completely missed a golden opportunity. Do you ever have one of those “Doh!” moments? I realized that what I should’ve been doing while ‘resting’ (i.e. hiatus = husband MIA) is developing recipes for ‘quick bites’ and dishes for one. Because I know we all eat alone sometimes. Right? Are you with me on this?
- I did manage to keep myself really, really busy by getting ready to finally launch my Etsy shop. It’s been a long time coming, and although I’m really excited for the launch, it takes time! And like all of you – time is so not what we have a lot of. The shop’s not ready yet, but it will be soon. So stay tuned!
Please… Eat with me. You know we’re both hungry.
I’d like to say it’s YUM and then just finish this post. But, this sauce deserves SO much more than that.
Let’s just start with…it has the perfect consistency. You’re gonna want to rub it all over everythang’ – just ’cause it’s so right. 🙂
It’s rich, saucy, spicy and ssssoooo savory – I know you’ll love it like we did!
I’ll admit, when I’m in a pinch, I’ve been known to buy a pre-made pasta sauce, just because they’re so quick and easy. But, no more!!! No more sugar, no more sweet sauces – just a rich, savory and SPICY sauce – just the way we like it. And…, it’s simple to make with your bad-boy food processor.
Oh yea, bring that bad boy out and puree, baby! I hope you love this as much as we did!
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (e.g. Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup white wine
- Place tomatoes, tomato paste, hot sauce, parsley, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe inspired by All Recipes @ Best Marinara Sauce Yet.