This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
These Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer for game day! Filled with Sweet Italian Sausage and flavored with a habanero hot sauce will quickly make these a game day favorite.
Other than the game, if there’s one thing I love about game day, it’s the appetizers. You all know what a huge fan of appetizers I am – especially because you can try a lot of different things.
And, all of you spice lovers out there? You are going to lovvvvve me for these.
Because, these aren’t just any stuffed mushrooms. These are hot and spicy, and they are sure to get you, and your friends, all fired up on game day!
Want to know the secret that makes them so spicy?
These little babies are filled with a mix of sweet Italian sausage, onions, chopped mushrooms, a bit of breadcrumbs, some shredded manchego cheese and… the best part… a green habanero hot sauce.
Bam! There you have it – some of the best spicy mushrooms you’ll ever have.
What you’ll also love about these is, that you can make them ahead of time, store them in the refrigerator, and pop them in the oven when everyone is hungry and ready to eat.
And…, they make a great diversion when the game isn’t going the way you want it to. One bite, and your guests will swear there’s been a touchdown! 🙂
Whatever you do, be prepared to make lots, because they will go really fast.
To start, use really fresh, clean, white mushrooms, and gently remove the stem. You’ll use some of the stems to chop up and be part of the stuffing mixture. Who doesn’t love more mushroom in their stuffed mushrooms? 🙂
If you remove the stems from all of them, and place just the mushroom caps on your sheet pan, you can stuff them all really quickly, one right after the other.
I tend to overstuff mine because we love a big bite. But, you don’t need to stuff yours as full, and you’ll still get that same great flavor.
Depending on how big your mushrooms are, you *may* have some stuffing left over. My mushrooms happened to be on the smaller side, so we had some stuffing mixture left over – which was great for snacking!
Are you ready to watch your favorite football teams in action this season, with a tailgating and football party twist, by trying these amazing Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms?
If you like heat, I know you’ll love them!
For this recipe, I chose the El Yucateco Green Chile Habanero hot sauce, because it packs a bit more heat than the Red Habanero Hot Sauce. But regardless of what flavor you choose, it’ll bring spicy goodness!
To find it, head to the Hispanic Foods section at your local Walmart.
The green sauce is made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings and has far less vinegar than the average hot sauce. And, it packs a fresh crisp habanero flavor that enhances the flavor of any dish and is the perfect complement when blended into dips, soups, dressings, or skillet dishes too!
In fact, I used it just last night in a spicy shrimp stir-fry, and it was fabulous! 🙂
Tell me readers, what flavor would you choose, and what recipe would you make with your El Yucateco Hot Sauce?
They also have a new Black Label Reserve flavor that is fire roasted habaneros, which is a rich, smoky sauce that stands out from all others, because of it’s unique flavor and appearance. That’s next on my list to try. 🙂
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, finely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, finely choppped
- ¼ cup mushroom stems, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green habanero hot sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup manchego cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package white mushrooms (roughly 24-26)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook sausage over medium to medium-high heat until completely done. Drain, remove from pan and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to heated pan and add onion and mushrooms stems. Cook over medium heat until soft, approximately 3-5 minutes. Add onion/mushroom mixture to sausage. Then, add habanero hot sauce, chicken broth, breadcrumbs, manchego cheese and parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Brush outsides of mushroom caps with a bit of olive oil. Place on sheet pan. Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture.
- Place mushrooms in oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until brown.