These Spicy Tequila Shrimp Salsa in Wonton Cups are crispy, crunchy and luxurious with cream cheese, spicy salsa and seasoned shrimp.
Have you ever seen a simple idea so brilliant you just want to smack your forehead and go “Doh! Why didn’t I think of that?”
Oh for the love of super easy Wonton Cups!
Once they’re baked, they’re ready to fill with something wonderful! Like a nice, cool dollop of luxurious and rich sour cream. Just a touch!
Seriously, these were one of the most fun appetizers I’ve ever made. 🙂 Super easy and sssooo delicious.
The wontons are crispy, crunchy and the perfect fit for the soft, luxurious cream cheese, which mellows the spicy salsa ~ all enhanced by the seasoned shrimp.
This is another one we’re adding to our favorites!
- 24 wontons
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4-5 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Tequila
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced (about 2 quantity)
- ¼ cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced (about 1 quantity)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press a wonton into each mini muffin cup. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix cayenne, chili powder, cumin, paprika, lime juice and Tequila together in a large Ziploc bag. Add shrimp. Place in refrigerator and let marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. Add a scant amount of oil to the pan and saute shrimp on medium to medium-high heat until done and shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Set aside.
- Mix all salsa ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to the bottom of each wonton cup.
- Top with a generous amount of salsa.
- Finish by topping with one or two shrimp per wonton cup.
Spicy Tequila Shrimp Salsa in Wonton Cups