There are so many ways to prepare Deviled Eggs. And, I think I love them all. 🙂
In fact, Food Network magazine had an issue that had 50 Deviled Eggs recipes. And, this wasn’t one of them. That just goes to show you how many more there are out there. They missed a good one!
Like these spicy little gems with their little jalapeno selves.
And, with the 4th of July coming up, you can’t have to many appetizer ideas in your back pocket.
Believe it or not, we even like these for breakfast! I find that Deviled Eggs are so much more versatile than just for picnics. I often make up a batch of Deviled Eggs and keep them in the fridge for a snack.
They’re just bite-sizeable enough to be perfect for satisfying a raging appetite!
And, the jalapenos add just the right amount of spicy, jalapeno kick for a fresh new taste on Deviled Eggs. Perfect for the 4th of July!
- 1 dozen large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. pickled sliced jalapeño peppers, minced
- Garnish: chopped chives or cilantro
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, cumin and salt and mix well. Add jalapeno peppers and gently fold until evenly mixed.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into egg halves. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Recipe from Cooking Light My Recipes @ Spicy Southwestern Deviled Eggs