This Stir-Fry Shrimp with Spicy Orange Sauce is so easy, fast, light, healthy and delicious – it will become a weeknight family favorite.
Happy day after Easter! I hope you all had a lovely, peaceful Easter Sunday.
And GAH…you guys will love this flavorful shrimp recipe topped with orange sauce!
Busy? I’ve got your super-fast recipe right here! Booyah!
With this dish, you can serve the shrimp with the tail on or the tail off. I always think it looks so much prettier with the tails on, but when you’re in a hurry and hungry, who wants to have to play with their food before they eat it?
Another thing you love about it is, that it’s slightly spicy, but not overly so – the orange mellows out the spice so nicely and adds a great, sweet citrus punch.
I can’t help but feel that spring is so among us, and with bathing suit weather just around the corner, it’s time to get serious and get ready for it. So with that thought, I have a question for you guys…
How many of you have a FitBit?
I just got a FitBit Flex two weeks ago, and let me just say, it is definitely telling me something about myself. It goes something like this > “Kristi, get up and move, girl!” And, to add insult to injury, it uses its outside voice. 🙂
Good bye desk job, hello running shoes.
Now I’m not entirely on board with this plan yet, but I’m working my way up to it. I think any time you change change your diet, start incorporating a more regimented exercise program and start to actually take control of the types of food you’re putting in your mouth – there’s bound to be learning curve. Welcome to my world. Haha!
p.s. before I tell you about my FitBit, let me be clear – this is *not* a sponsored post. I just wanted to share what I have loved about my FitBit so far:
- it’s making me aware of how much or how little I’m actually moving;
- it’s holding me accountable for my activity;
- I need to sleep better and get a lot more steps in every day!
About the sleep comment (#3.) – the other thing I’ve loved about the FitBit, is learning about the quality of my sleep. You all know how horrible my sleep is (and I knew it too – I just didn’t know how bad it was). The FitBit tells me how many hours I’ve slept each night, and how much of that sleep/sleeplessness was restless/awake/real sleep. That was a real eye opener for me! Because even your quality of sleep impacts your weight!
And, as it turns out, it’s true. I’m sleeping 3-4 hours a night. <Big gulp>
Time to take action, so I’m snapping on my FitBit, exercising more and eating lower fat and healthier. Which means you are too. 🙂
I hope you love the path to healthier eating, because I want someone to do it with me!
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Place shrimp in a medium-size bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch and toss well to coat. Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and chile paste and stir with a whisk until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3 minutes, turning frequently to get all sides done. Add orange juice mixture and green onions and cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes @ Stir-Fried Shrimp with Spicy Orange Sauce.