These Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are not only decadent and sweet, they’re pretty too!
Do You Prefer Paper or Foil Cupcake Liners?
Surprise! It’s a Virtual Baby Shower for Melissa of A Teaspoon of Happiness!
What I loved about these cupcakes is, they poofed up in the middle and one happy cupcake in particular had a natural heart in it!
I think this little cupcake was sending Melissa and her baby some love, don’t you?
I’m going to cut to the chase and tell you right now…. The good thing about these cupcakes is the cream cheese frosting. Don’t get me wrong – the cupcake is good too – but it is a box mix. What really makes these shine though is the rich, creamy, decadent cream cheese frosting.
It’s simple to make, easy to work with and holds it’s shape beautifully.
BTW, if you haven’t visited A Teaspoon Of Happiness before, hop on over and see her colorful and bright photos and fun recipes.
Several other bloggers and I got together to show Melissa some love. I hope you will visit them too!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts with Pomegranate Glaze (Vegan) from 40 Aprons
Strawberry White Chocolate Macarons from Culinary Couture
Grapefruit Mint Spritzer (Non-Alcoholic) from Tattooed Martha
Chocolate Raspberry Pop Tarts (Vegan) from Yup, It’s Vegan
Hot Milk Cake with Lemon Curd and Italian Meringue Buttercream from Vanilla and Bean
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan) from Jessica in the Kitchen
Strawberry Cupcakes Cream Cheese Frosting from Inspiration KitchenHere are a few of my fun favorites of Melissa’s Recipes from A Teaspoon Of Happiness.
So, in honor of Melissa’s Virtual Baby Shower, I wanted to bring something equally fun to the party! It was a great baby shower, the food was delicious and the decorations were great. She found some cute quotes on lifehacks and showed me some of them, it was adorable!
Don’t you love how a few of these cupcake liners together look like precious flower petals?
With that said, I don’t know about you, but I’ve had mixed success with cupcake liners. I adore the cute designs of paper liners and the fact that they come in so many different shapes and colors. And, of course, I fell in love with these flower ones.
But, the last time I used them in the Applesauce Muffins, they stuck like mad and 1/2 the muffin was left in the liner when I tried to take it off! I’m not above eating a paper liner mind you, if it means I get to eat the cupcake! 🙂
So, with this batch, I got smarter and used 1/2 paper lines and 1/2 foil liners, so I wouldn’t have a recipe disaster post. 🙂 Yet, this time, neither the paper nor the foil stuck. Go figure. 🙂
- 1 box Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin pans with baking cups.
- Add Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake mix into a large bowl.
- Blend cake mix with eggs, water and oil and mix at low speed until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners, filling to ½ full.
- Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees F for 18-23 minutes. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in pan, then remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in vanilla, then slowly mix in the confectioners' sugar. Spread over cooled cupcakes. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from All Recipes @ Cream Cheese Frosting II.