This Tangy Chicken Bacon Burger with Crispy Onion Strings is fast and easy to make, and is topped with a tangy, creamy steak sauce that brings out the flavor of the chicken, with crispy onion straws on top that are simply amazing!
My favorite bun to use for all burgers, including these Chicken Burgers, is Seattle Sourdough “Pub” Buns. Have you ever had them? Oh my yum!
They’re light, airy and they hold up well to cooking – and most importantly, they don’t fall apart when you’re eating them! I like a burger that stays together when I eat it, don’t you?
There’s no doubt that I was born and raised a burger girl. Growing up on a cattle ranch, burgers were as much of a staple as beans and rice. 🙂
And, even though my preferred burger is all-beef, the truth is, I’m an equal opportunity burger lover. I like to switch it up sometimes with chicken, pork, lamb, halibut, salmon, mahi mahi. YUM. I’m sure you get me…
And, on the occasions when I want a chicken burger – I want a chicken burger that represents! It’s got to be full-flavored, full-bodied and make me feel satisfied. Otherwise, it’s not a burger in my opinion – it’s merely a sandwich.
Please don’t email me, I love sandwiches too, but they aren’t burgers. 🙂
This, my friends, is a burger. There are layers and layers and it’s full of flavor.
With bacon (hello, who loves me?) and crispy onion straws (our new favorite thing (remember?)), this burger is also topped with a tangy sauce of mayonnaise, A-1 steak sauce, horseradish and mustard. Yummo in your tummo. You’re welcome 🙂
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 slices peppered bacon*, cooked
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 to 2 cups onion straws
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup A-1 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Mix mayonnaise, A-1 steak sauce, horseradish and mustard together, and set aside until ready to use.
- Cook bacon until done, set aside to drain.
- Heat grill on high until hot. Once hot, turn down to medium-high.
- Slather melted butter onto the inside of the top and bottom hamburger buns, and place on hot grill until bun achieves grill marks. Remove and set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts with mallet until ½ inch thick. Season with salt and pepper on one side.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until ½ way done. Turn chicken, and cook on opposite side until chicken is done throughout. Place 2 slices of cheese on each chicken breast, and cover until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Layer burger in the following order: bottom bun, chicken, sauce, bacon, tomato, crispy onion straws, and top with top bun.