The Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies is a cookie so full of peanut butter, it uses the entire jar! That’s my kind of cookie!
My reliance on the internet is insane. Wireless went down. So did I.
All I could think was “What in the world am I going to do with myself???”
With lots and lots and lots of peanut butter. Creamy, crunchy…it don’t matter. It just needs to be the best peanut butter in the whole wide world for the Whole Jar of Peanut Butter cookies. Which, in my opinion, is only JIF.
Like the whole jar lots.
My favorite cookies ever, to console myself from the trauma of the internet being down.
But, I’m resourceful. I grabbed my cell phone. Thank you cellular network. Phone in hand, peeking at the itty-bitty, teeny, tiny screen, I managed to eek out a batch of cookies, and share my most favorite-ist cookie ever with you, my internet friends. Because I really heart all of you.
I really, really do.
Try these cookies, and you’ll see just how much I heart you.
- 1 cup real unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar, for decorating
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Stir in peanut butter. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; fold into the peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Place cookies on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly, criss-crossing with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cookies should look dry on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to cool completely on a rack.
Adapted from AllRecipes @ The Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies.
The Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies