This is one of our very favorite salads. Marinated in a simple vinegar dressing and topped with salt and pepper makes it simple – yet, light, fresh, and delicious. I can’t think of many things better than that for summertime picnics!
With the 4th of July coming up (it’s almost here!), you can never have too many salad recipes at your disposal. With picnics, barbeques and general grilling, having an arsenal of packable salads like these:
And my personal favorite:
will mean that you won’t be scrambling for a recipe! These are all tried and true options!
What you’ll love about this one is – it’s picnic packable! You just make it ahead, let the flavors marinate and it’s ready to go, making it perfect to share at outdoor barbeques or picnics. Set it and forget it…I love that!
And you’ll love the garlic-y, vinegar-y tart bite. So fresh!
- 3 cups roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 and ½ cups cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup of rice vinegar
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Refrigerate and let chill and marinate 2-4 hours before serving.