This 5 Alarm Hot Sauce is flavorful and spicy – a fantastic hot sauce for hot wings or topping this 5 Alarm BBQ Chicken Chop Chop Salad.
Do you have a favorite casual go-to restaurant? Ours is a local wing place that makes the best crispy hot wings. Crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside…and HOT!
Sold by the pound, you can spice them any way you like them or switch it up and mix-and-match flavors.
My absolute favorite is their hot & spicy 5 Alarm Hot Sauce.
If you love sauces that go beyond a few splashes of Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco, you’ll love this 5 Alarm Sauce, because it’s loaded with extra spicy goodies like habaneros, jalapenos, red pepper flakes, horseradish, cayenne and cumin (and the list goes on)!
Not in the mood for hot wings?
That’s fine too! This sauce goes great as dressing on a salad, a philly sandwich, a big juicy burger or even cheese fries!
In celebration of my favorite sauce (5 Alarm!) and the month of May (the 5th month!), I’ll be bringing you at least 5 new recipes that highlight this tongue teasing, tastebud tantalizing, habanero-jalapeno-horseradish hot sauce. And, if you love your hot sauces extra-hot like I do – this may become your new go-to recipe!
p.s. if you haven’t caught on by now, this sauce is hot…proceed with caution!
Try it with our 5 Alarm BBQ Chicken Chop Chop Salad!
5 Alarm Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 cup red hot sauce Frank's Red Hot, Tabasco, etc.
- 1/2 stick margarine or butter melted
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh habanero
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix on medium speed until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Serve, or chill until ready to serve.
- *Makes 1 and 1/2 cups of hot wing sauce.*
Adapted from a Food Network recipe @ 5 Alarm Sauce.
tracy @ http://peanutbutterandonion.wordpress.com/ says
This looks amazing… a definat must try
It’s addictive! One of my favorite sauces ever!
Katie @ Horrific Knits says
I have a freezer full of jalapenos and scotch bonnets. I’m going to have to try this!
I love scotch bonnet peppers too! If I had my choice, I think everything should have hot sauce on it!