These Applesauce Muffins with walnuts are so moist and flavorful ~ filled with sweet applesauce, crunchy walnuts and pumpkin pie spices.
Today’s Question Is: What is your least favorite part about baking?
You guys ~ last weekend, I have to say…I literally moved mountains.
Did I mention it was a Sunday filled with dishes? 🙂
All from The Little Apple Tree That Could.
The good news is, that on Thursday, I’m going to finally answer the question “What is the best recipe you’ve ever used Applesauce in?” I can’t wait to share it with you!
Now, on to these muffins. I lovvvvve muffins for breakfast, don’t you?
They’re a quick, grab-and-go treat that goes great with a steaming hot cup of coffee.
The house smelled heavenly while baking them and when I pulled them out of the oven, I just couldn’t resist taking that first warm bite.
There was no sense letting them cool ~ there were muffins to eat! And, when I pulled them apart…, steam came wafting out of them, and the smell of apples was so exhilarating!
These muffins taste like fall! If you know what fall tastes like. 😉
One more thing… I feel like I’m repeating myself 🙂 but again, I had trouble with the eggs. Sigh.
People, I do not make this stuff up. See this? It’s for real.
Gahhhhh!!!!! It’s sssooo frustrating.
THAT is my answer to this week’s question. The least thing I like about baking is cracking the eggs. Oh, and maybe dishes. But definitely the eggs.
By next week, I promise, I’m going to have successfully cracked eggs with no shells. Wish me luck! 🙂
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Cinnamon-sugar optional
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the applesauce. Combine flour, baking soda and spices and stir into the creamed mixture. Gently fold in nuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Makes 2 dozen full-sized muffins.
Recipe from Taste Of Home @ Applesauce Muffins.