These Baked Chicken Tenders are fast and easy to put together, and use dry Onion Soup mix and Panko breadcrumbs for incredible flavor and that great crispy crunch we all crave.
Baked Chicken Tenders are one of our favorite go-to meals on a busy week day. They take <10 minutes of prep time, and after a 15-20 minute bake in the oven, are on the table in <30 minutes. Now that’s fast!
These chicken tenders are moist on the inside, and crunchy on the outside. The dry onion soup mix gives it a great pop of flavor, and the Panko breadcrumbs will ensure the chicken stays crispy on the outside. What you’ll also love is that this recipes uses no egg, yet the melted butter will ensure the breadcrumb coating adheres great and stays on the chicken even after baking.
Below is a snapshot of pre-baked Chicken Tenders. For a simple and easy clean-up, first line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then place your chicken on top leaving room between each piece so they cook evenly.
When the baked chicken is finally pulled from the oven, it will be a nice golden brown.
Tips & Tricks
- cut the strips evenly so each piece cooks consistently
- after dredging the chicken in the melted butter, roll and press into the breadcrumb mixture
- bake 15-20 minutes until chicken is done throughout
- don’t overcook the chicken, or it will be dry
- don’t over-crowd the chicken on the cookie sheet; leave room so it can cook evenly
You can serve these Baked Chicken Tenders with Ranch dressing, buffalo wing sauce, or tartar; but here are a few other fun recipes you might like to try:
Often we serve these with simple celery and carrot sticks with a side of Ranch dressing. But there are several other sides that also make fantastic side companions!
Baked Chicken Strips
- 1 and 1/2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 and 1/4 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup & Dip Mix
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons real butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips, keeping pieces as evenly thick as possible. Set aside.
- Add onion soup mix and parmesan cheese into a food processor and mix on pulse on high until ground and mixed.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add Panko bread crumbs, onion soup mix, parmesan and garlic powder. When thoroughly mixed, pour into a dredging dish.
- Melt butter in a separate dredging dish until fully melted.
- Dredge chicken strips into butter, then into bread crumbs until coated on all sides, and place individual pieces on prepared cookie sheet, leaving enough room between each piece.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven and serve.