These Baked Cinnamon & Sugar Churros are quick and easy to make, with a buttery, flaky pastry crust, and rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
This summer heat-wave has me craving fast, easy, sugary, sweet treats that take only minutes to make. How about you?
Yet, our sweet tooth doesn’t take a vacation. At least mine doesn’t. 🙂
The good news is, these sweet pastries are so easy to make, the kids can help you, and they will love the buttery, flaky twists that are covered in cinnamon and sugar within just minutes.
These twists are somewhat nostalgic for me. Every summer when I would visit my grandparents, my grandmother would make me Cinnamon & Sugar Toast, loaded with butter, along with a cup of her famous hot cocoa. That breakfast was like pure heaven to a sugar-loving kid like me.
The soft, chewy, buttery cinnamon and sugar toast dipped into the rich, dark, creamy, piping hot chocolate…heaven. I will never forget the amazing taste!
Although I’m a long way away from being a kid, I wanted to recreate that yummy-ness at home!
I had to learn this the hard way after packing luggage that was more than half my weight. = bad idea #neveragain
Have you heard of Baggallini handbags? Their purses and totes are storage machines!
These handbags were designed by former flight attendants, who clearly have a gift for organization and efficiency. What I love about them is the durability of the hardware. The zipper, snaps and clasps are meant to last through tough use (ahem…, me).
They are made of a water-resistant nylon and have lots of storage – even in their compact bags like the Baggallini Seville Mini that I bought. I love it so much, I just placed an order for the Baggallini Luggage Santiago Tote and the Baggallini Everywhere Bag.
If you’re looking for versatile handbags that are light, durable and easy to travel with – these are it!
I’m thinking I can store a baker’s dozen of these Baked Cinnamon & Sugar Churros in one of these bags, because one never knows when one will get hungry while they’re on the road! 🙂
Cinnamon & Sugar Churros
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 sheets puff pastry *
- 4 to 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets, then cut into four even squares for each pastry sheet (8 total squares). Brush with melted butter.
- Evenly distribute the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the pastry sheets. Using a pizza cutter, cut the squares into 1" strips. Lay one strip down on top of another with sugar sides facing each other, gently press together and then twist.
- Lay the twists down on a baking sheet and bake par the pastry sheet instructions. Remove from oven, let cool and serve.