This Banana Bread with Wells Banana Bread Beer is made with a banana-flavored beer which gives a flavor for a great twist on a traditional favorite!
When I saw this Banana Bread Beer at the grocery store, I just knew we had to try it.
Doesn’t it look delicious? I mean the Banana Bread. Not the beer. But, the beer was delicious too.
Doesn’t the label alone invoke warm memories of steaming banana bread wafting freshly baked from the oven with the scent of baked bananas and toasted walnuts? Add some Banana Bread Beer, and you’ve got yourself a moist, flavorful and delightful twist on an old favorite.
One of my fondest memories of our trip to Maui was a road trip up the Hana Highway. As we crested a hill, careened around a sharp corner and then descended down into a deep crevice, we were startled by this h-u-g-e booming voice that reverberated throughout the valley bellowing “B-A-N-A-N-A B-R-E-A-D !!!”…
I swear – that voice was the loudest call for some home-cookin’ I’d ever heard – then and since! Having been raised on a 2,000 acre Montana cattle ranch, let me tell you – there is no triangle dinner bell that could ring louder than that bellowing call!
Yet, there sitting in a wooden hut with no windows or doors, was a large Hawaiian woman sitting on a flimsy folding chair, mindlessly flipping an accordion fan back-and-forth, to-and-fro, hollerin’ BANANA BREAD!… from the top of her lungs. At least the hollerin’ I could relate to. I was from a ranch, for pete’s sake, so the gal was speakin’ my language!
What’s funny is, she wasn’t even watching traffic. She seemed to have no real interest in whether someone stopped or not, but by golly, she had a mission to advertise her banana bread, the best way she knew how – with the gift the Lord gave her – which happened to be a really, REALLY big voice.
I have to admit…I admired her audacity.
The sheer power of her voice demanded that we stop. Now, years later, honestly – I can still hear her voice ringing in my head every.single.time I make banana bread.
In fact, every now and then, the husband and I yell ““B-A-N-A-N-A B-R-E-A-D !!!”…” just like she did, just so we never forget that incredible, unforgettable moment.
Those were good times.
Enjoy the legacy.
Banana Bread Beer Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup beer highly recommend Wells Banana Bread Beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the center of the oven.
- Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, walnuts, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the bananas, butter and beer. Fold the wet mixture into the dry, combining until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared load pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until awooden toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean and the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 5-10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.