I love mixing my own spices at home. It makes me feel like a chemist. 🙂
If you’ve never mixed your spices at home before, you should definitely try it! So simple and you’ll save a bundle from pre-mixed seasonings. Especially if you get them from the bulk section of your grocery store. It will save you some major cha$-$ching! We like that!
In fact, I make seasoning so often at home that I have an overabundance of spice jars that I keep around just for this very occasion. I was going to photograph them all for you, but the clear glass kept putting me in the shot. =Not having that! 🙂
In this particular recipe, I used ground thyme – and in hindsight I wish I hadn’t. It was so dusty! And, it made it a ruddy color that I didn’t much care for! So, I’ve modified the recipe for you to use crushed thyme, not ground thyme, saving you from my mistake.
You might be wondering why I’m bringing you a Blackened Seasoning recipe this week. Well…with the 4th of July coming up, I thought it was the perfect recipe for seasoning up Burgers, Chicken, Seafood and even Vegetables!
I hope you all have a happy, wonderful and most importantly safe 4th of July.
Blackened Seasoning Spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and stir until evenly mixed. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
Recipe All Recipes @ Blackened Seasoning Mix