These Blackened Shrimp & Chipotle Slaw Phyllo Bites are the perfect spicy, crunchy and mouth-watering appetizers for your next party!
Happy New Year’s Eve! Here’s an easy and impressive appetizer recipe for your NYE party. And, it’s the last appetizer recipe of 2013. I’m kind of sad to see the trend go.
I am a HUGE fan of apps, but you know my Hot & Spicy Chili post yesterday? I finally got hungry!!! I’m all for apps for dinner, but with just the two of us, I finally needed some real food. The stick-to-your-ribs, you-gotta-eat kind.
Thus, the chili. Can you think of a recipe much more hearty than that?
Anyway – moving on…
We recently did a photo shoot that was our biggest photography challenge ever. It was at an almost-black-as-night music studio (I’m not kidding – I could not see his face!). It was an amazing experience and certainly tested our photography skills. 🙂
The studio photos were phenomenal given the darkest circumstances you can ever imagine!
Anywhoooo, after that shoot, we felt we absolutely deserved a fabulous appetizer. Now, we want to share it with you!
I hope you love this app as much as we did!
Enjoy! Have a wonderful and safe New Years Eve!!! See you in 2014!
Blackened Shrimp & Chipotle Slaw Bites
- 1 to 2 boxes Phyllo Shells 15 to 30 qty. (see note)
- 1 8 ounce package Coleslaw, finely chopped (see note)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno finely chopped + some for garnish
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion finely chopped
- cooking spray
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1 tablespoon blackened spice
- Thaw Phyllo shells to room temperature and set aside.
- Pulse coleslaw in a food processor until finely chopped. Fold in chopped jalapeno, sour cream, mayonnaise, white vinegar, sugar, salt, chipotle chili peppers and green onions. Set aside.
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray.
- Coat shrimp with 1 tablespoon of blackened seasoning and saute shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until done.
- Fill Phyllo shells with 1 teaspoon of Chipotle Coleslaw and top with 1 blackened shrimp. Garnish with chopped jalapeno and chopped green onion.
I used the Blackened Spice recipe from All Recipes @ Blackened Seasoning Mix.
Blackened Shrimp & Chipotle Slaw Phyllo Bites