This copycat recipe for Bubba Gump Shrimp is rich, savory and full of incredible flavor, with a dipping sauce that you’ll want a full loaf of baguette bread for – just for dipping!
Hot, sizzlin’ shrimp is what I’m talkin’ about…who’s with me?
You all know that I can’t get on without shrimp in my life. And, this copycat recipe for Bubba Gump Shrimp was welcomed with open arms into the IK family. “Please Mr. Shrimp, come have a seat at my table. Would you mind just relaxing here for a minute in my warm, comforting bowl of broth?” 🙂
For full disclosure – I’ve never been to Bubba Gump’s, but what I can tell you is, this Bubba Gump Shrimp, with it’s incredible dipping sauce, brought flavor, zing and a KAPOW! to the table like few others. Slightly spicy with a rich, savory and full-bodied dipping sauce.
Who doesn’t like a KAPOW! at the dinner table? 🙂
What I love about shrimp is that you can keep several bags in the freezer, and you can pull them out, de-frost them and whip them up into a quick and easy dinner in <20 minutes.
That works for me on busy and stressful weekdays. Ever been there?
You can serve this dish over white rice for a full meal with a side salad, and it will be perfect for your family. But, in my opinion, this dish is best served with a loaf of bread, like this Baguette Bread, for sopping up the incredible sauce.
Of course, it would also pair beautifully with a fresh, crisp, light, healthy salad with your favorite dressing. Super fast to the table and healthy! You can’t ask for much more than that on a busy weeknight!
Need another time saver? Make the Baguette Bread on the weekend, and keep the extra loaves stored in the freezer. When you need fresh bread on the table, pop it in a warm oven for 10 minutes, and you’ll have the perfect crust with a soft center for dipping into the savory Bubba Gump Shrimp dipping sauce!
A flavorful feast at your table in under <20 minutes! Now, that’s KAPOW! 🙂
And don’t worry! If you don’t have Cajun seasoning on hand, you can make your own! Try this Cajun Seasoning recipe that’s better than store-bought!
Bubba Gump Shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouilion or 1 cube
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 loaf baguette bread
- In a medium-size saucepan, on medium heat, melt butter. Add black pepper, Cajun seasoning, and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add bouilion, clam juice, water, white wine, Worcestershire and sugar. Bring to a boil, then turn down to low until ready to serve.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add Worcestershire, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, garlic and shrimp. Cook shrimp on medium-high heat, turning several times until opaque throughout. Combine shrimp and broth and serve with baguette bread.
Bubba Gump Shrimp
Recipe adapted from From Away.