You know what was unique about this weekend?
From today, there’s 16 days until Christmas. On Saturday, it was 12 degrees outside!
Trust me. I’m not complaining. A friend wrote to say it was -22 degrees. Negative!
Just so you know…IMO…negative should not even be a # when it comes to the weather! That’s crazy cold!
Yet here, we’re all good. The cards are mailed, the presents are wrapped and the packages are sent. And, at 12 degrees, it seemed like a good time to cuddle up and stay inside.
So, on this chilly weekend, we definitely needed some stick-to-your-ribs kind of goodness! And, this spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip was the perfect comfort food.
Rich, spicy and filling, we loved this when served with celery sticks. We also tried it with Chicken-flavored crackers and slices of chewy bread – but the crispy snap of the celery sticks seemed to be a perfect fit for this rich and creamy buffalo dip!
It serves a lot, so it would be greatto serve as a holiday appetizer for a crowd or, even better, at a tailgate party (wait ’til summer)!
And, the best part? You can make it a day ahead and just heat it in the oven to serve the day of! A stress-free holiday and/or party appetizer.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 8-ounce packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Buttermilk Ranch dressing
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup hot pepper sauce e.g. Frank's Red Hot
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 bunch celery rinsed and cut into 4” pieces
- 1 8 ounce box chicken-flavored crackers
- Mix cream cheese and ranch dressing together in a medium sized bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine shredded chicken, 3/4 cup of shredded cheese and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- Layer the bottom of a baking dish with the cream cheese/dressing mix. Top with shredded chicken mixture and top with remaining 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
Adapted from All Recipes @ Buffalo Chicken Dip.