This Cajun Creole Seasoning spice is fast and easy to make at home. Yielding 1 cup, you’ll have enough for your recipe and some saved for later!
Take #2 on the whole spice recipe thing I’ve got going on here at Inspiration Kitchen.
Now, you know that when I bring you a seasoning recipe, I’m usually always leading you up to something wonderful, right?
And, if you’ve been around here a while, you know how much I love my mind-blowing, hot and spicy food. So Cajun seasoning (or creole, if you prefer to call it that) seemed perfectly natural to show up on this blog. Because, I just can’t seem to get enough of the hot stuff.
And last weekend, I did something wonderful with this. So, be sure to come back on Monday, because I’ll have two recipes (yes, two!) that will use at least three tablespoons of this spice.
Another great thing about this recipe is, that it makes about 1 cup of creole seasoning. Which means:
- You make it once and have plenty on hand to use in other recipes
- It makes a great gift when given in darling packaging like these spice jars
Personally, I love, love, love this Set of 12 Bormioli Rocco Quattro Stagioni 8 1/2 Ounce Canning Jars. Such a cute, rustic look! But, you can also use these from Crate & Barrel: Orbit Spice Jar, Glass Spice Jar or Mini Spice Jars with Clamp.
If you’re worried about the amount of hot, you can even make a kid-friendly version by cutting back some of the cayenne pepper.
I’ll see you back here on Monday with the recipe that started this whole thing!
Cajun Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 to 3 tablespoons salt *see note
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes @ Creole Seasoning Blend.