This Caramel Banana Xango is a rich, creamy Banana Cheesecake filled pastry, rolled in cinnamon & sugar and topped with ice cream, bananas, walnuts and drizzled with caramel sauce!
I have good news! Did you know that Mother’s Day on May 11th is also Eat What You Want Day?
Now, I want you to get good and ready – because we’re making this absolutely fantastic and totally addictive Caramel Banana Xango!
I am moaning in culinary ecstacy with every single bite. It’s just that good.
Let me give you the back story… Years ago, after an exhausting and vigorous golf game, my husband and I would go to Gordy’s restaurant to indulge in their mouth-watering steaks and a potato with all the fixings. What we were really doing though, is trying to get through the meal so we could have a Caramel Banana Xango for dessert. It was heaven! Unfortunately, Gordys is long gone, but I’ve never forgotten that dessert!
Which gets me to the reason I am having it for breakfast. I realized I simply couldn’t live without one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. And, if I was going to have it again, I’d have to make it myself. It was the same day I learned Mother’s Day is also Eat What You Want Day. Coincidence? I think not.
The tortilla will puff up while you bake it and is pliable and chewy, not flaky like a regular pastry. It gives great contrast in texture to the creamy center! There are bananas in the cheesecake filling, as well as bananas on top, so the banana cheesecake filling has a predominant banana flavor. And when topped with homemade caramel sauce – it’s amazing.
Try it! You won’t be disappointed!!!
Caramel Banana Xango
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- caramel sauce homemade or store bought
- walnuts chopped
- 1/2 banana sliced
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix on medium to medium-high speed. Add vanilla and mashed banana until thoroughly mixed.
- Place a generous amount of banana and cream cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla, leaving a 1" space between the top and the bottom of the tortilla.
- Fold in the top and bottom ends at the 1" mark, then roll the tortilla, sealing all sides. Gently secure tortilla with a toothpick.
- Brush tortillas on all sides with melted butter and roll all sides (and ends) in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet several inches apart (tortillas will puff when cooked). Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- REMOVE THE TOOTHPICKS BEFORE SERVING!!! 🙂
- Place tortillas on a serving plate. Top with one scoop of ice cream, sliced banana, chopped walnuts and drizzle with caramel sauce.