This Cherry Tomatoes with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing Salad is absolutely perfect for summer! Full of plump, fresh Cherry Tomatoes topped with a rich, creamy Blue Cheese Dressing.
Okay, I admit it. I need your help.
I have six tomato plants, and they believe in only one word. Giving!
And, as much as I love their enthusiasm, I’ve got so many tomatoes, I don’t quite know what to do with them.
Of course, the very first thing that came to mind, was this summer salad that is not only one of our personal favorites, but it calls for a load of cherry tomatoes!
Even better was the fact that it’s fast and easy to make. Which means it was the perfect remedy for my tomato woes. Which may help me this week, but I’m definitely recruiting your ideas for the next ripe and ready batch!
It’s a good thing that the flavor combination of this salad just happens to be perfect for a summertime meal. In fact, it seemed simply so perfect that we toppled this salad over thinly pounded grilled chicken breast sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder on this hot summer day. And, it was fabulous! Try it, try it!
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh chives, minced (reserve some for garnish)
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (or use a mix of the two!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped, for garnish
- Mix blue cheese crumbles, buttermilk and olive oil in a medium bowl and stir together with a fork. Mash blue cheese crumbles until creamy, leaving some blue cheese chunks. Add lemon, salt, pepper and chives and mix well. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry tomatoes. Cut in half. Add tomatoes to the dressing mixture and toss to combine.
- Garnish with reserved chives and freshly chopped rosemary.
Cherry Tomatoes with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
Recipe adapted from Food Network Cherry Tomatoes with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing.