This crazy cold weather has me craving all things comfort food.
All I know is, it sounded rich and delicious. And, it was!!!
The other thing I knew was, that it had to be served over mashed potatoes made with real butter and heavy cream.
I don’t know about you, but the thought of it alone made me want to get my eatin’ pants on so that I had plenty of room to devour it all in!
p.s. We all have eatin’ pants, right? (Please tell me this is normal!)
Look at that steaming good-ness on a plate!
As it turns out, this recipe was sssooo simple to make, it just went into our rotation as one of our most favorite quick and easy, weeknight meals.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 to 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut in half) and pounded to 1/4 inch thick (1 ½ - 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 8-ounce package whole mushrooms, sliced thick (approx. 2 ½ to 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in olive oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown on both sides (2 to 3 minutes a side). Remove chicken and keep warm. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mushrooms, and pour in Marsala wine and Sherry. Add chicken breasts on top. Cover skillet; and simmer chicken on medium to medium-high for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, and add ½ cup heavy cream and cook an additional 5 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes @ Chicken Marsala.