This sweet, rich, buttery Chocolate Espresso Hazelnut Buttercrunch Candy is a candy everyone will love.
Oh you guyssss… you are going to lovvvvve me.
Like you’re gonna need at least 3 bars, a HUGE glass of milk and a bright red wheelbarrow kinda good.
The wheelbarrow’s just to help someone roll ya outta there after you’re done noshin’ on this delicious, luscious, totally addicting treat.
Why is the wheelbarrow red?
Well, I’m glad you asked.
That’s so they don’t forget ya and leave ya in there.
(p.s.) And besides, this recipe is how the whole Noshin’ On… series of posts got started – because of scrumptious treats like this.
And, it all came about because I had no idea what do with three bags of melted chocolate chips.
We don’t often have record temperatures around here that will melt concrete. But on a day when I met a girlfriend for festive beverages, I plum forgot about those pesky chips in my trunk. Needless to say, those chocolate chips quickly became one big chocolate chunk-of-a-mess.
Sigh. What else could I do, but melt them again?
And, I’m so glad I did. Because that’s when I met the candy love of my life.
So, please forgive me. I have a lot of healthy recipes on this site. I’m sorry, but this ain’t one of them.
Chocolate Espresso Hazenut Buttercrunch Candy
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 11.5 ounce package milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- Butter the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish. Evenly distribute hazelnuts on the bottom of the greased pan.
- Melt 1 cup butter and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan over medium high heat until browned, stirring constantly (roughly 10 minutes).
- In a separate saucepan, combine chocolate chips, skim milk, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla extract and heat over low heat until thoroughly melted and smooth. Stir in espresso powder.
- Pour melted browned butter/sugar mixture over the top of hazelnuts.
- Pour melted chocolate over the browned butter mixture.
- Cool and let chocolate set before breaking into edible chunks.