These Chocolate Stout Cupcakes are super moist, sweet and flavored with Guinness Stout Beer – with a Robin’s Egg Blue cream cheese frosting, they’re perfect for a party or holiday celebration!
Spring finally made an appearance here in the Pacific NW. I couldn’t be happier, so I made cupcakes!
I’m sure it won’t be any surprise to hear that I was so excited, I was doing cartwheels, somersaults and handstands on the lawn, right? 🙂
After nearly 6 months of rain and only 3 days of sunshine, I was as ready to celebrate spring, as I am looking forward to the Easter holiday. I love Easter! How about you?
The good news about the rainy weather the last 6 months is, I’ve had plenty of time to think about my Easter menu!
First up, are these easy Chocolate Stout Cupcakes, with an incredible cream cheese frosting, colored in Robin’s Egg Blue. Don’t they look festive and Easter-like to you?
The color reminds me so much of a Tiffany gift box! 🙂
You can find this concentrated food dye at your local craft store like a Ben Franklin or JoAnn Fabrics. (p.s. If you want to duplicate this color, the brand is Wilton and the color is Teal). It’s a concentrated paste, so a little color goes a long way. The more you use, the darker the icing will get. For Easter, I chose to stay right in this color range, because it reminded me of spring and all things Easter.
What you’ll like about this recipe is, it’s fast, easy, and you can make the cupcakes with liners or without liners, and they hold up just as well either way. If you opt to go liner-less, just be sure to spray your muffin tins liberally with cooking spray so that they don’t stick to the pan.
Your guests will love these cupcakes, because they are so moist and flavorful – they nearly melt in your mouth, and are so good, they will have them reaching out for more. 🙂
Looking for more Easter recipes to adorn your holiday table? Here are a few from Inspiration Kitchen’s friends!
- Easter Grass Sugar Cookies by Recipe Girl
- Macarons with White Chocolate Mint Ganache by Saving Room For Dessert
- Macaroon Birds Nest Cookies by Inspiration Kitchen
- Chocolate Covered Creme Brulee Eggs by The Suburban Soapbox
- Easter No Bake Birds Nest Cookies by The Recipe Rebel
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bottle Guinness stout beer preferably @ room temperature
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract*
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 - 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1-pound box confectioners sugar (roughly 4 cups)
- *optional* Wilton food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cocoa, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the stout beer, melted butter and vanilla. Beat in eggs, adding one at a time. Mix in sour cream and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Lightly grease cupcake or muffin tins. Pour batter into muffin tins, filling to 3/4 full. Bake for 12 minutes, then rotate the pan in the oven, and bake an additional 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before taking them out of the muffin tin.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the heavy cream, continuing to mix on low. Add the confectioner's sugar, one cup at a time, and mix thoroughly until smooth. Frost immediately or cover and refrigerate icing until ready to use.
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
Recipe from Food Network, recipe @ Chocolate Stout Cupcakes.