This Crab & Artichoke Dip is a rich and luxurious treat with bite-size pieces of real crab meat, paired with salty artichokes.
The holidays beg for quick, easy and satisfying appetizers. Don’t you think?
I don’t know about you – but I want it prepped and ready to serve long before my guests get here!
This crab and artichoke dip makes for an easy recipe to put together ahead of time.
It’s easy to prep and then just bake 15-20 minutes in the oven, and you’ve got a rich, decadent dip to serve piping hot shortly after your guests arrive.
This dip is a rich and luxurious treat with bite-size pieces of real crab meat and salty artichokes. You can serve it in a bread bowl, or with crackers – or my personal favorite – a chewy, multi-seed bread!
This makes a lot of dip (it made 3 dishes of the size you see in the picture), so it’s great to feed a crowd. Don’t need as much? Just halve the recipe!
It really is a very special and perfect spread for the holidays!
Crab & Artichoke Dip
- 2 cups real crab meat
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 8 ounce package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Monterey or Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup capers drained* (see note)
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, White Cheddar cheese, capers, artichoke hearts, garlic, black pepper and dill. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer mixture to an 8"x8"x2" baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Old Bay Seasoning TM.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is crusty, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Modified from All Recipes @ Best Hot Crab Dip.