This Easy Chocolate Cake can be made in a single mixing bowl, and will bake up moist, rich and full of rich, decadent, chocolate flavor!
I can’t think of a better way to come back from vacation then to an assortment of Ghirardelli chocolates, can you? Talk about tempting… 🙂
So I say “Let there be cake“! Thank you Ghirardelli. I big, pink, puffy heart love you.
Seeing that delicious assortment of dark chocolate chips, chocolate bars and unsweetened cocoa powder just lying there waiting for me to do something decadent with it, was simply more than I could bear.
It was all I could do to not run to the kitchen and grab a mixing bowl to whip up something lavish…
Who doesn’t love a rich, chocolate-y, velvet-y, moist cake? And, with a rich, decadent, lavish frosting…even better.
But, the best part? You’ll love how easy it is to make. Not as easy as it would be to go to emicakes.com.sg and order yourself one of course, but definitely the next best thing. Just one bowl is all it takes. And, this cake will mix up super fast, and be your new cake BFF because of how rich and chocolate-y it is.
There’s one thing you should know about the consistency of the cake batter. When you are mixing it up, it will be very watery in texture. But, don’t worry, it will bake beautifully, and you’ll have a super moist cake that you can sink your teeth into.
What are you waiting for? 🙂
For even more great Ghirardelli chocolate flavor, try my Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae Brownie!
Easy Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk**
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 and 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup milk**
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two nine-inch round pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk, canola oil, and vanilla. Mix together in an electric mixture on medium speed for two minutes. Stir in the boiling water. Batter will be very thin. Pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the cake is done. Test by inserting a toothpick in the center, and ensuring it comes out clean. Cool in the pans for at least 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely. To remove from the pan easily, run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- Cream the butter in a small bowl.
- Blend in the cocoa powder, vanilla, confectioners sugar, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer, until smooth.
- Frost cake and serve.
**I used non-fat milk.