This Easy Fresh Tomato & Serrano Chili Pepper Soup is absolutely perfect for using up summer tomatoes! Fast, easy and deliciously spicy – it’s the Tomato Soup that’s is just right!
Now y’all…don’t be mad that I’m bringing you another Tomato Soup recipe when I brought you one just over a week ago. It’s tomato season, remember?
I just couldn’t let those plump, juicy, red tomatoes go to waste. So, I chopped them into quick, huge chunks and into the stockpot they went.
Then, I crossed my fingers, closed my eyes, blinked twice like Jeanie and hoped for the best. Because I had absolutely had no idea where this recipe was going or how it was going to turn out. Particularly considering my last Tomato Soup recipe took over 2 hours to prepare. Yikes! Scary times.
Yet, as it turned out, this soup was so absolutely creamy, flavorful, spicy and fabulous – and to think it happened all in under 30 minutes – makes me sometimes wonder why I waste time with time-consuming recipes.
You’ve gotta love the fast find, great favorites. Right?
Tomato soup, freshly picked from the vine, on the table in <30 minutes? I’m telling you, I’m all in.
So, when we tasted it… we realized we really needed to share. Because everyone needs easy, fast, stress-free weeknight meals that uses that abudant end-of-season produce.
One thing you’ll love is that everything is coarsely quarted or thrown into the stockpot whole, then brought to creamy goodness with a simple immersion blender. Simple prep, simple recipe, big time flavor.
I’m lovin’ this one, and I think you will too.
Easy Fresh Tomato & Serrano Soup
- 3 pounds of fresh tomatoes cored and quartered
- 1 - 3 shallots whole
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 serrano chili peppers sliced
- 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled (for garnish) (optional)
- 1 green onion sliced (for garnish) (optional)
- Wash, rinse and core 3 pounds of fresh off the vine tomatoes. Quarter and add to a stockpot. Add whole, peeled shallot and minced garlic. Cook on medium-high until tomato softens (about 10 minutes).
- Using an immersion blender, cream ingredients together until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients up to serrano chilis and simmer an additional 20 minutes over medium-low to medium heat.
- Serve in bowls topped with crumbled bacon and green onion.
Easy Fresh Tomato & Serrano Chili Pepper Soup